The Custom SharePoint Framework ensure that you can exploit the possibilities offered by modern web technologies and tools. You can utilize these possibilities to generate responsive and mobile-friendly apps and productive experiences. Custom SharePoint Framework is also known as SPFx and it can be defined as a web part model and a page. Furthermore, it provides exceptional support for open source tooling, SharePoint data integration, and client-side SharePoint development. It works both in SharePoint Online and for on-premises.
Key Features to note
Here are some of the key features of the Custom SharePoint Framework:
- SPFx runs in the context of the connection with the browser and current user. There are also no iFrames for customization purpose.
- Responsive and accessible controls.
- Controls are rendered in the normal page DOM.
- Along with configuration changes, render, serialize and deserialize, load etc. it also allows the developer to access the lifecycle.
- The common open source client development tools such as TypeScript, gulp, webpack, npm, and Yeoman is what SPFx is based on.
- Above all, it is framework-agnostic.
- Reliable performance.
- SPFx client-side solutions can be utilized by the end users. Ensure that they are approved by the tenant administrators.
- The SPFx web parts can be added to both modern and classic SharePoint pages.